Who We Are
The Office of Institutional Planning and Effectiveness (IPE) helps Colorado College to fulfill its mission through the direction of continuous institutional self-improvement processes.
IPE works with the CC campus to assess which areas are in need of greater efficiency, to develop strategic goals which address these areas, and to establish and monitor key indicators which measure progress in goal attainment, using institutional data and external benchmarks.
The office also serves as a primary contact for many federal, state and professional organizations and coordinates institutional reporting to these agencies.
Specific functions of the office include the following:
- Collecting, analyzing, maintaining, and disseminating institutional data to support institutional strategic planning, assessment, forecasting, and decision-making
- Providing institutional data to external agencies such as the National Center for Education Statistics (
NCES), and the Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE), as well as for college consortia-related reports, and various college guides and publications. Colorado College is a member of the Higher Education Data Sharing (HEDS) Consortium, which consists of over 130 small, private, nonprofit institutions around the country that are committed to sharing and using informationto more fully enact their missions and promote effective liberal arts education.
- Collecting, interpreting, and disseminating data from external sources, agencies, and organizations.
- Responding to ad-hoc requests for data from Board of Trustees, senior administrators, and other college constituencies
- Promote consistency and clarity in data definitions, collection procedures and data management across functional areas
Questions specifically regarding preparation for accreditation, internal reviews and assessment should be directed to the Office of Assessment and Program Review.
Lyrae Williams, M.A.
Associate Vice President of Institutional Planning & Effectiveness
Spencer Center 244
Research Analyst, Institutional Planning & Effectiveness
Spencer Center 243
Paraprofessional, Institutional Planning & Effectiveness
Spencer Center 245